San Francisco, CA 94115 [email protected] (323) 573-3753
International Multimedia Project Manager
Insightful leader with extensive hands-on multimedia media international management experience building cohesive teams and vendor networks by fostering a sense of community and evangelizing brands in the marketplace. Multifaceted strategist who excelled in a startup environment and integral executive team member determining business’ future plan and direction. High achiever with history of promotions and MFA in Visual Communications from one of the best graduate programs in the world. Strong believer and active participant in collaborative consumption and a shared resource economy.
Seasoned, results-driven multifaceted localization manager with 10+ year’s global experience in both the public and private sectors, including long-standing localization consultation for world market leaders. Uncompromising commitment to performance excellence with an ardent bias for action. Thrive in fast-paced environments, readily adapting to evolving technical and business challenges.
Gained profound experience and refined managerial skills by proven ability to work in teams of highly qualified professionals for big projects delivering successful collaboration with world market leaders, such as TNK-British Petroleum, PG&E, American Heart Association, Kaiser Permanente, JBL, Embraer, Boeing, MGM Grand and others.
Mac & MS Applications, Adobe Premier (including Photoshop), Gimp, Swift Subtitling Soft, HTML, Final Draft, Movie Magic, Quick Base, Salesforce, JIRA, Trados. Strong knowledge and experience with MT systems including SDL, Systran, PROMPT, WinBabel, WordPress and MemoQ Plugins.
Languages: Russian (native), Italian (advanced), French (intermediate)
MFA -- American Film Institute (AFI), 1998, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor’s Degree in Interactive Telecommunications -- NYU, 1996, New York City, NY
Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics -- St. Petersburg State University, 1993, St. Petersburg, Russia
Executive Producer @Pantera Productions
Los Angeles – San Francisco, 2012 – current
- Creating concepts based on the clients’ needs for multimedia segments of the current international projects including multilingual scripts’ localization and tech community support in collaboration with other Executive producers, Sales & Marketing Departments.
- Conducting global project management of the current projects as well as initiating international pilot projects, including rates’ negotiations, technical and budget evaluations of the projects and final product placement planning.
- Generating Global Strategies for creating and developing of the newly accepted clients’ concepts and supervising planning of the projects from A to Z with participation of BizDev, Marketing and financial departments.
- Searching for and onboarding new talent and mentoring existing work force.
- Evaluating general trade reference titles and assessing profit potential, acquiring titles, and negotiating contracts.
TV/Film Metadata Curator for Apple TV @ Apple, Inc.,
Cupertino, 2015 – 2016, contract
- Verified metadata accuracy for domestic and international TV Shows & Films, ensuring it meets the provided Apple TV standards.
- Searched and confirmed description information, shows’ ratings and run time in three languages for a variety of locales, performed QA for Film &TV titles and artwork for necessary domestic & International regions.
- Made edits/fixes to the metadata as needed following the prescribed workflow, reporting any patterns of issues observed to help improve Apple TV database performance.
- Tested database tools to provide feedback for improving efficiency.
- Made calculated decisions on metadata contents often with limited information on hand and collecting support documentation from reliable sources.
Director of Multimedia Operations @CPI Inc./Bella Pictures Division
San Francisco, 2010 – 2012
- Developed and managed a large-scale cross-functional operations infrastructure while delivering on the company’s quality promise to client. Participated in ongoing milestone evaluation to create the Production and Post-Production Plan Review and Resource Plan.
- Partnered with the VP, developing and maintaining creative concepts and multi-language content components for the company’s brand outside USA.
- Coordinated development efforts with QA, Marketing and Sales Departments to achieve linguistic product consistency & quality as well as to facilitate the timely and effective release of the international product. Helping building and executing online community plans for the clients according to their short & long term business goals.
- Researched markets, created market-driven product requirements, managed the development process, and attained the necessary resources to achieve revenue, profit and market share goals.
- Supervised onboarding creative freelancers for Photography and Video Departments, mentored talent.
Multimedia Product Manager @Sun Microsystems/Oracle
Menlo Park, 2008 – 2010
- Generated and proofed scripts for the company’s main products providing that complex IT content is transformed into simplified attractive stories.
- Contributed to the product strategy and supported the ideation, evaluation and documentation of new product opportunities. Hired freelance Photographers, Videographers, and Editors, Multilingual Specialists and Graphic Designers, mentored and trained them to the company’s high quality product standards.
- Coordinated the rights issues and logistics for creating company’s multimedia products.
- Created solution deployment deliverables, including product roadmaps, product scope and definition documents, product requirements, project plans, status reports, sales training docs. etc.
- Contributed to in Sun Microsystem Global Community development process by helping the company’s clients to leverage opportunities for growth through diversification, business management training, linkages to new markets and technical skills building.
Team Lead @Vitac Inc.
North Hollywood, 2005 – 2010
- Supervised and evaluated the implementation of the localized linguistic material,
- Created testing &training material for newly hired specialists, trained subtitling/close caption specialists and supervised QA process of the final multilanguage multimedia product.
- Outsourced translations to vendors in foreign countries, monitored consistency of received translations, coordinated international schedules and media traffic
- Evaluated MT (Machine Translation) material and participated in building the database for optimization MT service quality.
- Supervised generating and maintaining linguistic knowledgebase and training documentation, generated voiceover scripts, directed voice-over sessions, provided feedback for the other departments, prepared production reviews for the clients.
Localization Manager @Agnew Tech Inc.
Westlake Village, 2002 – 2005
- Provided full scale language project management for the company’s clients from inception to launch, including resource, allocation, scheduling, and budgeting, as well as quality, stakeholder, and risk management.
- Supervised editing of the MT generated translations from Russian into English, raising awareness and aiding knowledge acquisition in machine translation topics within relevant internal stakeholder groups.
- Negotiated contracts with clients and developing the initial quotes, costs planning, and budgets for miscellaneous localization projects in any multimedia formats.
- Consulted to cross-functional teams of Engineers, Content Authors and Marketing Managers. Maintained client support and communications.
- Supervised QC and finalization of localized material into the delivery packages.
Independent Language Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 1998 - 2002
- Translated, interpreted, edited, proofed miscellaneous material from English into three foreign languages.
- Taught the Russian language (including grammar and colloquial language) to individuals of different ages and levels.
- Led literature workshops on Russian classics, pre-revolution science fiction and post-Soviet fiction literary work and Soviet Cinematography.
- Participated in corporate content writing for miscellaneous clients including developing and editing promotional and technical content for clients’ websites.